The MDVA-30357 patch fixes the issue with the wrong image URL being created by a cron generated sitemap in Magento Admin. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) v.1.0.6 is installed. Please note that this issue is scheduled to be resolved in Magento version 2.4.2, which is scheduled for release in Q1 2021.
Affected products and versions
Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.2 to 2.4.0 (including 2.3.5-p1)
Note: the patch can be applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Sitemaps generated by cron in Magento contain the wrong image URL path.
Steps to reproduce
- In Magento Admin, create a new website, store, or store view.
- Add at least one product to each store, and add at least one image to each of the products.
- Enable Sitemap Generation By Schedule in Admin > Stores > Configuration > CATALOG > XML Sitemap > Generation Settings .
- Generate a sitemap for any of 2 stores manually in Admin > Marketing > Site Map using a sitemap name like " sitemap.xml ".
- Rename the file to something like " manual_sitemap.xml " or copy the file content to any text editor.
- Generate the same sitemap by cron job
- Compare the manually generated sitemap " manual_sitemap.xml " and the sitemap generated by cron " sitemap.xml ".
The cached sitemap image path URL is correct.
The sitemap generated by cron contains the wrong image path URL. If you try to open the image from " sitemap.xml ", it will show a default placeholder.Manually generated sitemap URLs are unaffected by this issue.
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an QPT patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Quality Patches Tool .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.
To learn more about site maps, refer to these DevDocs articles: