The MDVA-28202 patch solves the issue where out of stock products aren't filtered properly using Price filter on a Magento store frontend. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool v.1.0.6 is installed.
Affected products and versions
- The patch was designed for Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.5-p1.
- The patch is also compatible with Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.4 - 2.4.1.
Note: the patch can be applicable to other versions. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Out of stock products do not filter properly using Price filter in Magento Admin.
- Set Display Out of Stock Products = "Yes" under Stores > Configuration > CATALOG > Inventory > Stock Options.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a configurable product with two simple products (Example: set Price = $1500).
- Both simple products should "out of stock" while creating the configurable product.
- Assign this configurable product to a category.
- Reindex and check
catalog_product_index_pricetable using entity id of the above configurable product.
- Save all the product prices = $0.
- Load the category and confirm the availability of the product.
- Open the Price filter from layered navigation.
- Notice that the Price filter has an option of "$0.00 - $9.99".
- Click on this above Price filter option and set the Price = $1500, and you will get the configurable product we created above.
The product filters under the correct price range as expected.
The product falls under wrong price range filter.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Magento Quality Patches Tool.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.
To learn more about configurable products, refer to this DevDocs article: