MDVA-28202 patch: out of stock products don't filter properly
The MDVA-28202 patch solves the issue where out of stock products aren't filtered properly using Price filter on a Adobe Commerce store frontend. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) v.1.0.6 is installed.
Affected products and versions
- The patch was designed for Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.5-p1.
- The patch is also compatible with Adobe Commerce on-premises and Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.4 - 2.4.1.
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Out of stock products do not filter properly using Price filter in the Commerce Admin.
- Set Display Out of Stock Products = "Yes" under Stores > Configuration > CATALOG > Inventory > Stock Options.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a configurable product with two simple products (Example: set Price = $1500).
- Both simple products should "out of stock" while creating the configurable product.
- Assign this configurable product to a category.
- Reindex and check
catalog_product_index_price table using entity id of the above configurable product.
- Save all the product prices = $0.
- Load the category and confirm the availability of the product.
- Open the Price filter from layered navigation.
- Notice that the Price filter has an option of " $0.00 - $9.99 ".
- Click on this above Price filter option and set the Price = $1500, and you will get the configurable product we created above.
The product filters under the correct price range as expected.
The product falls under wrong price range filter.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.
To learn more about configurable products, refer to this article in our developer documentation: Create a configurable product tutorial in our developer documentation.