The MDVA-29446 patch solves the issue where a shipping method that is not applicable shows up on the checkout shipping method options, and if selected an error message " Carrier with such method not found null, flat rate ." displays. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) v.1.0.6 is installed. The issues are scheduled to be fixed in later Magento versions (see issues descriptions in Issues ).
Affected products and versions
- The patch was designed for Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.4.
- The patch is also compatible with the following Magento versions: Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.3-2.4.0.
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
You have a shipping method that is not applicable but still shows up on the checkout shipping method options, and you can select this non-relevant shipping method.
Steps to reproduce:
Install clean 2.3-develop.
Enable Flat rate and set:
- Ship to Applicable Countries = Specific Countries
- Ship to Specific Countries = Antarctica
- Show Method if Not Applicable = Yes
Disable all other shipping methods.
Go to the frontend, create a customer with US address.
Select an item and click Add to Cart.
Click on the cart and click Proceed to Checkout .
On the Shipping page you see the following:
- Flat rate is visible
- Flat rate is $0
After the user clicks Next , the user gets the following error:
"Carrier with such method not found: null, flatrate"
- The price of the shipping method is not visible if the shipping method is not applicable.
- The Next button should not be active.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Quality Patches Tool .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.