The MDVA-30977 patch fixes the issues with products displayed on storefront category pages during reindex or mass actions with a big number of products. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool v.1.0.6 is installed. The issues are scheduled to be fixed in Magento 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
The patch was created for Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.4. It is also compatible with Magento Commerce 2.3.4.
Note: the patch can be applicable to other versions. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
The number of products displayed on the category page on the storefront is different after each page reload during mass product update.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create at least 30000 products in two categories - at least 15000 products in each category.
2. Go to Catalog > Products in Magento Admin.
3. Select all products from the grid and perform a mass attribute update. For example, set New = Yes attribute.
4. Run Magento cron job using the
bin/magento cron:run command twice.
5. Refresh category pages on Storefront while Magento performs 30000 products update.
The number of products in categories is always 15000 on each category page refresh.
The number of products in categories is different on each category page refresh.
When the full reindex of the inventory is executed, category pages become empty and the We can't find products matching the selection message is displayed.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Configure Magento with Elasticsearch.
2. Add a new website.
3. Create a new source and assign it to the new website using Manage stock.
4. Create 30000 configurable products.
5. Assign all the products to the new website and also add inventory to the new inventory source.
6. Execute a full reindex.
7. Execute the inventory reindex by running
bin/magento indexer:reindex inventory.
8. Browse a category with big number of products.
Category pages display products as usual during reindex.
Category pages become empty during reindex.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Magento Quality Patches Tool.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches.
Additional steps required after the patch installation
After the patch is applied, execute a full reindex from console using the following commands:
php bin/magento indexer:reset
php bin/magento indexer:reindex
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to: