The MDVA-28993 Magento patch implements the "Minimum should match" functionality and partial search for Elasticsearch engine, and solves issues with hyphens in search queries. The patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) v.1.0.6 is installed.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.4
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce/ Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.4-2.3.5-p2
Note: the patch can be applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
When using Elasticsearch 6 for searching SKU that contains a hyphen(-), search returns too many results.
Steps to reproduce:
Go to the storefront.
In the search bar enter a string containing a hyphen, for example "WS-M-Blue".
Returns only WS-M-Blue.
Returns all SKUs starting with "WS".
The MDVA-28993 patch contains the following fixes and improvements:
- implements the new "Minimum should match" functionality and partial search for Elasticsearch engine. For configuration details refer to Configuring Catalog Search in Magento User Guide.
- partial search for Elasticsearch
- fixes the "searches with hyphen" issue described above.
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an QPT patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply patches .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.