The MDVA-31021 patch solves the issue when Import / Export takes a longer than the expected amount of time with large numbers of product options. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool v.1.0.7 is installed.
Affected products and versions
- The patch was designed for Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.1.
- The patch is also compatible with Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.0 - 2.4.1.
Note: the patch can be applicable to other versions. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
If there are 100,000 records or more in
catalog_product_option table, the Import / Export function file validation takes a longer than the expected amount of time. Before import/export, to check option validation, Magento loads product options for all existing products.
Magento store with 5000 products with custom options. Each product should have at least 4 custom options with 2 or more options to choose from, so that there are 100,000 records in
Steps to reproduce:
- For an Import example: create a CSV import file with one of the SKUs from Magento admin.
- Add 4 custom options to the CSV import file.
- Try to import the CSV file from Magento admin.
The Import or Export function completes as expected. Validation takes less than 10 seconds to complete with one product.
The Import or Export function takes longer than expected. Validation takes more than 10 seconds to complete with only one product.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.