Deployment errors from enabling early-alpha Baler module
The merchant experiences deployment errors when using the Baler module on a production environment, as the feature is currently in the early alpha development stage.
Affected products and versions
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.x and 2.4.x.
- Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.3.x and 2.4.x.
We do not recommend that merchants use the Baler module in a production environment, as it is currently in the early alpha development stage. Using it can result in deployment errors.
Steps to reproduce:
- The merchant tries to insert the SCD_USE_BALER variable in the build stage of the
- The merchant also adds the Baler composer dependency:
"magento/module-baler": "1.0.0-alpha" to
require section of
The merchant sees the following error message in the deployment logs on the cloud, which is
<project home>/var/log/cloud.log, upon the static content deploy stage:
[2020-08-19 12:06:12] WARNING:  Baler JS bundling cannot be used because of the following issues:
[2020-08-19 12:06:12] WARNING: - Path to baler executable could not be found. The Node package may not be installed or may not be linked.
The Baler module is currently in the early alpha development stage, and the Baler extension installation process is complex.
- You can also enable Adobe Commerce's built-in bundling (basic bundling) from the command line:
php -f bin/magento config:set dev/js/enable_js_bundling 1