The MDVA-29787 patch solves the issue where Related Products are not displayed on a Magento store frontend. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool v.1.0.6 is installed.
Affected products and versions
- The patch was designed for Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.3.
- The patch is also compatible with Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.0 - 2.4.0.
Note: the patch can be applicable to other versions with new MQP tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
The target rule for Related Products does not work when "is one of" condition is used for Products to Display in Magento Admin.
Note: This patch does not fix existing target rules. You must re-create existing target rules.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create New Attribute (Example: Test_Attr).
- Set Catalog Input Type for Store Owner = Text.
- In Storefront Properties, set Use for Promo Rule Conditions = Yes.
- Create New Attribute Set (Example: Test_Set).
- Add the New Attribute to the New Attribute Set (Example: Add "Test_Attr" attribute to the "Test_Set" attribute set).
- Create 3 products. For the Example, they are set like this:
- Product1, Test_Attr = MAGT2NA_Test3
- Product2, Test_Attr = 24-MB02
- Product3, Test_Attr = 701644329389M
- Create target Rule (Marketing > Related Product Rules and click the Add Rule button.) with settings:
- Apply To = Related Products
- Products to Match
- Set the New Attribute you created in Step 1 above to be the Product1's attribute (Example: Test_Attr = MAGT2NA_Test3).
- Products to Display = The attributes of the other 2 products (Example: 24-MB02 and 701644329389M attributes).
- Save the Rule.
- Run a reindex, if needed.
- Clear cache.
- Open Product1 on the frontend.
The related products are present as expected.
The related products are missing.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Magento Quality Patches Tool.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.