The MDVA-29787 patch solves the issue where Related Products are not displayed on an Adobe Commerce store frontend. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.6 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-29787.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.3.
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.0 - 2.4.0.
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The target rule for Related Products does not work when "is one of" condition is used for Products to Display in the Commerce Admin.
Note: This patch does not fix existing target rules. You must re-create existing target rules.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create New Attribute (Example: Test_Attr).
- Set Catalog Input Type for Store Owner = Text.
- In Storefront Properties, set Use for Promo Rule Conditions = Yes.
- Create New Attribute Set (Example: Test_Set).
- Add the New Attribute to the New Attribute Set (Example: Add "Test_Attr" attribute to the "Test_Set" attribute set).
- Create three products. For the Example, they are set like this:
- Product1, Test_Attr = MAGT2NA_Test3
- Product2, Test_Attr = 24-MB02
- Product3, Test_Attr = 701644329389M
- Create target Rule (Marketing > Related Product Rules and click the Add Rule button.) with settings:
Apply To = Related Products
- Products to Match
- Set the New Attribute you created in Step 1 above to be the Product1's attribute (Example: Test_Attr = MAGT2NA_Test3).
Products to Display = The attributes of the other two products (Example: 24-MB02 and 701644329389M attributes).
- Save the Rule.
- Run a reindex, if needed.
- Clear cache.
- Open Product1 on the frontend.
The related products are present.
The related products are missing.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.