The MDVA-30815 patch fixes the issue where Elasticsearch displays a blank page when the search results' limiter options are changed. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool v.1.0.7 is installed. Please note that the issue was fixed in Magento version 2.3.5.
Affected products and versions
- The patch was designed for Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.3.
- The patch is also compatible with the following Magento versions: Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.2 - 2.3.3-p1.
Note: The patch can be applicable to other versions. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
When using Elasticsearch if you change the search results' limiter options, Magento displays a blank page.
Elasticsearch is enabled. Go to STORES > Settings > Configuration > Catalog > Catalog Search.
Steps to reproduce
- Go to your site.
- Search for a product on the main search field.
- After the search result pages display, click on the last page in the search result pages.
- Select Show xx per page from the limiter option. Make sure that this is a different search results number limit than currently configured.
The page displays with the configured number of product results.
Blank page displays. This error can also be seen in the
`"0":"SQLSTATE: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near'`
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an MQP patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.