The MDVA-31282 patch solves the issue when double authorizations occur on Paypal PayFlow Pro in Magento. The double authorizations also have the effect of bypassing PayFlow Pro's fraud filters and doubling transaction fees. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) v.1.0.7 is installed.
Affected products and versions
- The patch was designed for Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.5-p2.
- The patch is also compatible with Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.2 - 2.3.3 and 2.3.5 - 2.3.6.
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Double authorizations occur in PayPal PayFlow Pro in Magento that have the effect of bypassing PayFlow Pro's fraud filters and doubling transaction fees.
Configure PayPal PayFlow Pro payment method.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to the frontend as a guest customer.
- Add products to Shopping Cart from product pages.
- Proceed to Checkout .
- Specify Shipping address as an address in Country #1 (Example: UK address), and select shipping method.
- Select PayPal PayFlow Pro as payment method. Specify the Billing address as an address in Country #2 (Example: USA address).
- Enter credit card data, and place order.
- Navigate to Sales > Orders in admin, and observe created order.
- The Payment Information block displays: "Triggered Fraud Filters: RESPMSG: Under review by Fraud Service Order is in Suspected Fraud status"
- Paypal PayFlow Pro shows a single authorization transaction as expected.
- The Payment Information block displays: "Triggered Fraud Filters: RESPMSG: Under review by Fraud Service Order is in Processing status"
- Paypal PayFlow Pro shows double authorization transactions.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.