The MDVA-31224 patch solves the issue when product price reindex takes too long to complete or never completes. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) v.1.0.7 is installed.
Affected products and versions
- The patch was designed for Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.3.
- The patch is also compatible with Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.3 - 2.3.4-p2.
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Product price reindex takes too long to complete or never completes.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create 6000 bundled products with 15 options.
- Create 1 bundled product with 30 options.
- Run price reindex from CLI:
bin/magento indexer:reindex catalog_product_price
Product price reindex takes 1.5 hours or more to complete.
Product price reindex takes a short time (a minute or two) to complete.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.