MDVA-31224 patch: Product price reindex takes too long
The MDVA-31224 patch solves the issue when product price reindex takes too long to complete or never completes. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) v.1.0.7 is installed.
Affected products and versions
- The patch was designed for Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.3.
- The patch is also compatible with Adobe Commerce on-premises and Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.3 - 2.3.4-p2.
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Product price reindex takes too long to complete or never completes.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create 6000 bundled products with 15 options.
- Create 1 bundled product with 30 options.
- Run price reindex from CLI:
bin/magento indexer:reindex catalog_product_price
Product price reindex takes 1.5 hours or more to complete.
Product price reindex takes a short time (a minute or two) to complete.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.