The MDVA-28357 solves the issue where search by a product SKU in the Advanced Search page does not lead to the relevant product displaying in search results. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool v.1.0.8 is installed. Please note that the issue is fixed in Magento version 2.4.1.
Affected products and versions
- This patch was designed for Magento Commerce 2.3.4-p2.
- The patch is also compatible with Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.0 to 2.3.5-p2, and 2.4.0 to 2.4.0-p1.
Note: the patch can be applicable to other versions. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
In advanced search, searching using a SKU queries the SKU field using a wildcard. But a wildcard can only be used with
sku.keyword, so this does not return the expected product.
Steps to reproduce
- Go to Advanced Search page.
- Search by a SKU number.
Error message displays: We can't find any items matching these search criteria. Modify your search.
One product item displays with a message:
1 item were found using the following search criteria
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an MQP patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Magento Quality Patches Tool.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.