The MDVA-28357 solves the issue where search by a product SKU in the Advanced Search page does not lead to the relevant product displaying in search results. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) v.1.0.8 is installed. Please note that the issue is fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.1.
Affected products and versions
- This patch was designed for Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.3.4-p2.
- The patch is also compatible with Adobe Commerce on-premises and Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.0 to 2.3.5-p2, and 2.4.0 to 2.4.0-p1.
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
In advanced search, searching using a SKU queries the SKU field using a wildcard. But a wildcard can only be used with
sku.keyword, so this does not return the expected product.
Steps to reproduce
- Go to Advanced Search page.
- Search by a SKU number.
Error message displays: We can't find any items matching these search criteria. Modify your search.
One product item displays with a message: 1 item were found using the following search criteria SKU: XX-XXXX
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Apply patches using Quality Patches Tool in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool.
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.