The MDVA-29148 patch solves the issue where
\Magento\Eav\Model\Entity\Attribute\Backend\ArrayBackend does not assign the default value on save. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.7 is installed. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.3-p1.
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) >=2.3.0 <2.4.2.
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
When a product is created via an import script or the REST API, attributes that use the
\Magento\Eav\Model\Entity\Attribute\Backend\ArrayBackend backend model and have a default value are not assigned the default value.
- Create a new global attribute that uses the
\Magento\Eav\Model\Entity\Attribute\Backend\ArrayBackendbackend model and a non-empty default value.
- Use the REST API to create a new product.
- Fetch that new product from the REST API and confirm that the attribute is not present in the product's custom attributes.
The custom attribute default value was saved to the product attribute.
The custom attribute default value was not saved to the product attribute.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.