The MDVA-31295 patch fixes the issue where reward points are not calculated correctly when a partial order completes and items are taxed. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.8 is installed. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.3.0
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.0 - 2.4.1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Rewards are not applied to customers' accounts when the order is complete (partially shipped) and items are taxed. When the items are not taxed, the rewards are added to the customers' accounts successfully.
- Log in to storefront as a customer.
- Add two products to the cart.
- Go to checkout, set the shipping address that has tax, and place the order.
- In the admin, go to the recently placed order.
- Click Invoice and set Qty to Invoice to 0 for one of the items, and click Update Qty. Submit invoice.
- Click Ship and set Qty to Ship to 0 for the item that was not invoiced. Click Submit Shipment.
- Click Cancel order. The status will be set as Complete.
- In the admin, go to Customers > Choose customer purchase made before > Reward Points > Reward Points History.
- Check earned reward points for the placed order.
The reward points should be calculated for taxable orders when a partial order completes.
Reward points are not calculated for a taxable order when a partial order completes.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.