The MDVA-29389 patch fixes the issue where with Advanced Reporting where the
analytics_collect_data cronjob says: "Port must be configured within host parameter (like localhost:3306)". This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.7 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-29389. The issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.4.
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.0 - 2.4.1.
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
In your Adobe Commerce instance, enable Advanced Reporting.
Run the following query to insert analytics/general/token value in the DB:
INSERT INTO core_config_data VALUES(NULL,'default',0,'analytics/general/token','ABCDE',now());
Open your env.php and add port to the host parameter in DB configuration in the following format:
'host' => 'hostname:port',
analytics_collect_data job runs successfully when using default or non-default port to connect to MySQL in env.php.
analytics_collect_data job throws an error "Port must be configured within host parameter (like localhost:3306)" when using a non-default port to connect to MySQL in env.php.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.