The MDVA-30782 Magento patch fixes the issue where a dynamic block is displayed regardless of the cart rule. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.7 is installed. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.5-p1
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce/ Magento Commerce Cloud >=2.3.5 <2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
./vendor/bin/magento-patches status .
Dynamic block is displayed on the page even when the related catalog price rule condition is not satisfied.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create two products.
- Create a catalog price rule applicable only for one of these products.
- Create a dynamic block and assign the newly created catalog price rule to it.
- Create a widget with the following parameters:
- Type = Dynamic Block Rotator
- Dynamic Blocks to Display = Specified Dynamic Blocks
- Specify Dynamic Blocks = block form step #3Layout Updates (can be any)
- Display on = All Product Types
- Container = Product auxiliary info
- Perform reindex and flush cache.
- Check both product pages for dynamic block form step #3
Expected result: Dynamic block appears on the first product page only.
Actual result: Dynamic block appears on both product pages.With Dynamic Blocks to Display = Catalog Price Rule Related on step #3 the result is the same.
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an QPT patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Quality Patches Tool .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.