The MDVA-30782 patch fixes the issue where a dynamic block is displayed regardless of the cart rule. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.7 is installed. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.5-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.5 - 2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The dynamic block is displayed on the page even when the related catalog price rule condition is not satisfied.
- Create two products.
- Create a catalog price rule applicable only for one of these products.
- Create a dynamic block and assign the newly created catalog price rule to it.
- Create a widget with the following parameters:
- Type = Dynamic Block Rotator
- Dynamic Blocks to Display = Specified Dynamic Blocks
- Specify Dynamic Blocks = block form step #3Layout Updates (can be any)
- Display on = All Product Types
- Container = Product auxiliary info
- Perform reindex and flush the cache.
- Check both product pages for dynamic block form step #3
Dynamic block appears on the first product page only.
Dynamic block appears on both product pages. With Dynamic Blocks to Display = Catalog Price Rule Related on step #3, the result is the same.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.