The MDVA-32012 Magento patch solves the issue where Argentinean and South Korean zip codes are not validating, due to changes or variation in national postal code formats. South Korean zip codes are now required to be 5-digits, whereas previously they were 6-digits. Argentinean zip codes can be both numeric and alphanumeric. The MDVA-32012 Magento patch means that these formats for postal code values will validate for these countries. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool v.1.0.9 is installed. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
- The patch was designed for Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.5.
- The patch is also compatible with the following Magento versions: Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.0 - 2.4.1.
Note: The patch can be applicable to other versions. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Inputting a 5-digit South Korean or alphanumeric Argentinean zip codes produces a warning:
Provided Zip/Postal Code seems to be invalid. Example: [1234 (if inputted an alphanumeric Argentinean address)] or [123-456 (if inputted a 5-digit South Korean address)]. If you believe it is the right one you can ignore this notice.
Steps to reproduce
- Open the storefront.
- Add item to cart.
- Process to checkout.
- Add a new address with South Korea for the country and input a 5-digit zip code or add a new address with Argentina for the country and input an alphanumeric zip code.
- Try to save.
Saving address returns warning.
Address should save without warning.
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an MQP patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Magento Quality Patches Tool.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.