The MDVA-30963 patch solves the issue where in Magento admin, the product search filter does not work as expected. Values that are overridden in a store view scope are also considered when filtering on All store view store view scope. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool v.1.0.8 is installed. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
- The patch was designed for Magento Commerce Cloud 2.4.0.
- The patch is also compatible with Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.2 - 2.4.1.
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new MQP tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Steps to reproduce:
- Set Stores > Configuration > Catalog > Catalog > Price > Catalog Price Scope = Website.
- Create 2 websites having 2 different currencies (For example, the default website is an India Store [Rupee ₹] and the second one is an US Store [Dollar $]).
- Set the following Base Currency, Default Display Currency, and Allowed Currencies:
- Default Config = US Dollar (Default)
- Main Website = Indian Rupee
- WebsiteUS = Use Default = US Dollar
- Set Stores > Currency Rates = 1:1.
- Create a test simple product assigned to both Websites and has following prices:
- Default Price = US Website price = 123 USD
- Main Website price = 321 Rupee
- Create a subAdmin user that has access only to the US Store.
- Go to the US storefront, and put a product in the cart (Example: 123 USD price).
- Login to the Admin with subAdmin just created (Example: US Only admin).
- Go to Reports > Products in cart.
When filtering within the All store view store view scope, products filtering should get the value set in that particular scope.
Values overridden in a store view scope are also considered when filtering on "All store view" store view scope.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.