MDVA-30963: admin product search filter not working as expected
The MDVA-30963 patch solves the issue wherein the Commerce Admin and the product search filter do not work as expected. Values that are overridden in a store view scope are also considered when filtering on All store view store view scope. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.8 is installed. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.0
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.2 - 2.4.1
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Steps to reproduce:
- Set Stores > Configuration > Catalog > Catalog > Price > Catalog Price Scope = Website.
- Create two websites having two different currencies (For example, the default website is an India Store [Rupee ₹], and the second one is the US Store [Dollar $]).
- Set the following Base Currency, Default Display Currency, and Allowed Currencies:
- Default Config = US Dollar (Default)
- Main Website = Indian Rupee
- WebsiteUS = Use Default = US Dollar
- Set Stores > Currency Rates = 1:1.
- Create a test simple product assigned to both Websites with the following prices:
- Default Price = US Website price = 123 USD
- Main Website price = 321 Rupee
- Create a subAdmin user that has access only to the US Store.
- Go to the US storefront, and put a product in the cart (Example: 123 USD price).
- Log in to the Admin with subAdmin just created (Example: US Only admin).
- Go to Reports > Products in cart.
When filtering within the All store view store view scope, products filtering should get the value set in that particular scope.
Values overridden in a store view scope are also considered when filtering on the "All store view" store view scope.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.