The MDVA-29954 patch solves the issue where the "New Company Registration Request" and "You've been linked to a company" emails are sent from the wrong email address. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) v.1.0.8 is installed. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
- The patch was designed for Magento Commerce 2.3.3.
- The patch is also compatible with Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.0 - 2.3.5-p2, 2.4.0, and 2.4.1.
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Install Magento with B2B, with B2B Features and Company enabled.
Steps to reproduce:
- Click on the Create Account dropdown on the storefront, and select Create New Company Account .
- Fill in the required fields, and register the account.
- Enable the Company from the backend ( Customer > Companies ).
- Check the email address that you used for registration.
- Set the Company Admin password by following the emailed instructions.
- Log in to the frontend with the Company Admin password .
- Create a new Company User in My Account > Company Users > Add New User .
- Go to Stores > Configurations > General-Store Email Addresses > General Contact , and check Sender Email .
- Go to the email that you used to register the New User in Step 7.
The "You've been linked to a company" email is sent from an email address with the same value as for the Sender Email in Step 8, as expected.
The "You've been linked to a company" email is sent from the Companies Admin email.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.