The MDVA-31399 Magento patch adds the Subtotal (Incl. Tax) option to cart price rule condition , fixing the issue where it was impossible to apply a cart price rule based on Subtotal (Incl. Tax) number. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.12 is installed.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.5-p2.
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.2-2.4.1.
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
./vendor/bin/magento-patches status .
It is impossible to apply a cart price rule based on Subtotal (Incl. Tax) number.
Step to reproduce:
- Configure product price to include tax.
- Create a tax rule and tax rate for 20%.
- Create a product with Price = 100 (this price includes tax).
- Create a new cart price rule with a coupon "10off" to apply $10 fixed discount if subtotal matches these conditions: Conditions : If ALL of these conditions are TRUE : * Subtotal equals or greater than 100.*
There is ability to create a subtotal cart price rule with coupon to apply discount to subtotal including tax.
There are two options in cart rule conditions: Subtotal and Subtotal (Excl. Tax), and whatever one is selected, the rule is applied only to subtotal excluding tax.
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an QPT patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Quality Patches Tool .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.