The MDVA-31399 Magento patch adds the Subtotal (Incl. Tax) option to cart price rule condition, fixing the issue where it was impossible to apply a cart price rule based on Subtotal (Incl. Tax) number. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.12 is installed.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.5-p2.
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.2-2.4.1.
Note: the patch can be applicable to other versions. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
It is impossible to apply a cart price rule based on Subtotal (Incl. Tax) number.
Step to reproduce:
- Configure product price to include tax.
- Create a tax rule and tax rate for 20%.
- Create a product with Price = 100 (this price includes tax).
- Create a new cart price rule with a coupon "10off" to apply $10 fixed discount if subtotal matches these conditions:
If ALL of these conditions are TRUE :
Subtotal equals or greater than 100.
There is ability to create a subtotal cart price rule with coupon to apply discount to subtotal including tax.
There are two options in cart rule conditions: Subtotal and Subtotal (Excl. Tax), and whatever one is selected, the rule is applied only to subtotal excluding tax.
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an MQP patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Magento Quality Patches Tool.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.