The MDVA-31399 patch adds the Subtotal (Incl. Tax) option to cart price rule condition, fixing the issue where it was impossible to apply a cart price rule based on Subtotal (Incl. Tax) number. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.12 is installed.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.5-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure and Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.3.2 - 2.4.1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
It is impossible to apply a cart price rule based on Subtotal (Incl. Tax) number.
- Configure product price to include tax.
- Create a tax rule and tax rate for 20%.
- Create a product with Price = 100 (this price includes tax).
- Create a new cart price rule with a coupon "10off" to apply $10 fixed discount if subtotal matches these conditions:
Conditions: If ALL of these conditions are TRUE : * Subtotal equals or greater than 100.*
There is ability to create a subtotal cart price rule with coupon to apply discount to subtotal including tax.
There are two options in cart rule conditions: Subtotal and Subtotal (Excl. Tax), and whatever one is selected, the rule is applied only to subtotal excluding tax.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.