The MDVA-31759 Magento patch fixes the issue where CSV import ignores additional attributes with Dropdown and Text Area types. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.9 is installed. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.4.0.
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce Cloud and Magento Commerce 2.3.0-2.4.1.
Note: the patch can be applicable to other versions. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
CSV import ignores additional attributes with Dropdown and Text Area types.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in to Magento Admin.
- Create a product attribute with the following configuration:
- Default Label: G003
- Catalog Input Type for Store Owner: Text Area or Dropdown
- Attribute Code: G003
- Scope: Global
- Add the above attribute to the default attribute set.
- Create a product with the default attribute set and specify a value for the new attribute.
- Export the product to CSV.
- Update the attribute value in the additional_attributes column.
- Import the updated CSV.
The G003 attribute value is not updated.
The G003 attribute value is updated.
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an MQP patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Magento Quality Patches Tool.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.