The MDVA-31759 Magento patch fixes the issue where CSV import ignores additional attributes with Dropdown and Text Area types. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.9 is installed. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.4.0.
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce Cloud and Magento Commerce 2.3.0-2.4.1.
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
CSV import ignores additional attributes with Dropdown and Text Area types.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in to Magento Admin.
- Create a product attribute with the following configuration:
- Default Label : G003
- Catalog Input Type for Store Owner : Text Area or Dropdown
- Attribute Code : G003
- Scope : Global
- Add the above attribute to the default attribute set.
- Create a product with the default attribute set and specify a value for the new attribute.
- Export the product to CSV.
- Update the attribute value in the additional_attributes column.
- Import the updated CSV.
Actual result: The G003 attribute value is not updated.
Expected result: The G003 attribute value is updated.
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an QPT patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Quality Patches Tool .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.