MDVA-31759 patch: CSV import ignores attribute updates
The MDVA-31759 patch fixes the issue where CSV import ignores additional attributes with Dropdown and Text Area types. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.9 is installed. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.0
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure and Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.3.0 - 2.4.1
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
CSV import ignores additional attributes with Dropdown and Text Area types.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in to the Commerce Admin.
- Create a product attribute with the following configuration:
- Default Label: G003
- Catalog Input Type for Store Owner: Text Area or Dropdown
- Attribute Code: G003
- Scope: Global
- Add the above attribute to the default attribute set.
- Create a product with the default attribute set and specify a value for the new attribute.
- Export the product to CSV.
- Update the attribute value in the additional_attributes column.
- Import the updated CSV.
The G003 attribute value is updated.
The G003 attribute value is not updated.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.