The MDVA-23426 Magento patch fixes the issue where emails are sent as attachments by Magento from MS Outlook. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.13 is installed. Please note that the issue was fixed in Magento 2.3.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.3.
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.3 - 2.3.4-p2.
Note: the patch can be applicable to other versions. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Emails are received with a blank body, and the content is included as an attachment.
Outlook/Exchange is being used as the client/server combination.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Submit an order, the order notification or shipment notification is sent.
2. The email is received.
The email shows with a blank body, and the content included as an ATT*-labeled attachment to the email.
The email is received with no attachment and the body of the email contains the content.
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an MQP patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Magento Quality Patches Tool.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check patch for Magento issue with Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.