The MCP-87 Magento patch fixed the issue where stock reindexing of catalogs is slow. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.13 is installed.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.4.0.
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce Cloud and Magento Cloud 2.3.1 - 2.4.1.
Note: the patch can be applicable to other versions. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
The stock reindex of catalogs with large profiles is very slow.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in to the Admin Panel.
- Navigate to: Products > Catalog.
- Select all items in the Products grid.
- Select Update Attributes in the Select Product Actions dropdown list. Click Submit.
- Click on Advanced Inventory from the Advanced Settings tab. Change Stock Availability to In Stock. Click Save.
- Perform full reindex manually, execute the following command from the magento root:
php bin/magento indexer:reindex
Stock indexer reindexes quickly.
Stock indexer is very slow and/or does not complete.
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an MQP patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Magento Quality Patches Tool.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check patch for Magento issue with Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.