The MCP-87 Magento patch fixed the issue where stock reindexing of catalogs is slow. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.13 is installed.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.4.0. Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce Cloud and Magento Cloud 2.3.1 - 2.4.1.
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
./vendor/bin/magento-patches status .
The stock reindex of catalogs with large profiles is very slow. Steps to reproduce:
- Log in to the Admin Panel.
- Navigate to: Products > Catalog .
- Select all items in the Products grid.
- Select Update Attributes in the Select Product Actions dropdown list. Click Submit .
- Click on Advanced Inventory from the Advanced Settings tab. Change Stock Availability to In Stock . Click Save .
- Perform full reindex manually, execute the following command from the magento root:
php bin/magento indexer:reindex
Stock indexer reindexes quickly.
Stock indexer is very slow and/or does not complete.
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an QPT patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Quality Patches Tool .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check patch for Magento issue with Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.