The MDVA-32545 Magento patch fixes the issue where Invoice emails don't automatically send to the customer for orders placed from the Admin. This affects any payment method with the Sale transaction type, like Braintree or PayPal Payflow Pro .
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.13 is installed. Please note that the issue was fixed in Magento version 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.2-p2
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce Cloud and Magento Commerce 2.3.0 - 2.4.1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
./vendor/bin/magento-patches status .
Steps to reproduce:
- Enable any payment method with the Sale transaction type. (For example: Braintree or PayPal Payflow Pro .)
- Create a simple product.
- Create a customer account in the frontend.
- Place an order from the Admin.
The invoice email is sent to the customer automatically, as expected.
The invoice email is not sent to the customer automatically.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check patch for Magento issue with Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.