The MDVA-32545 patch fixes the issue where Invoice emails don't automatically send to the customer for orders placed from the Admin. This affects any payment method with the Sale transaction type, like Braintree or PayPal Payflow Pro.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.13 is installed. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.2-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure and Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.3.0 - 2.4.1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
- Enable any payment method with the Sale transaction type. (For example: Braintree or PayPal Payflow Pro.)
- Create a simple product.
- Create a customer account in the frontend.
- Place an order from the Admin.
The invoice email is sent to the customer automatically, as expected.
The invoice email is not sent to the customer automatically.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.