The MDVA-22150 patch solves the issue when a frontend user cannot log in after an aborted purchase using a coupon. This occurs when a frontend user uses a coupon code on a product that has been disabled prior to completing the purchase. The result is that the frontend user can no longer log in and receives a 503 error. Another effect of this issue is that the ability to manage customers' shopping carts in the Admin stops working.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.13 is installed. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.3.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure and Adobe Commerce 2.3.1 - 2.3.3-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in to the Admin and create a configurable product.
- Go to Cart Rules, and create a coupon code with some discount.
- Create a customer account in the frontend.
- Add the product to the cart, follow the checkout process, and enter the coupon.
- After entering the coupon, don't submit the order, but abort the order and logout.
- Go back to the Admin and disable the whole configurable product.
The product is not displayed in the cart on the Storefront, or displayed with the appropriate error message that the product has been disabled, as expected.
- When attempting to log back into the frontend, you will be stuck in an infinite loop (which eventually will show an exception after a long amount of time).
- The ability to manage the customers' shopping carts in the Admin stops working.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.