The MDVA-22150 Magento patch solves the issue when a frontend user can't login after an aborted purchase using a coupon. This occurs when a frontend user uses a coupon code on a product that has been disabled prior to completing the purchase. The result is that the frontend user can no longer log in and receives a 503 error. Another effect of this issue is that the ability to manage customers' shopping carts in the Admin stops working.
This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.13 is installed. Please note that the issue was fixed in Magento version 2.3.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.2
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce Cloud and Magento Commerce 2.3.1 - 2.3.3-p1
Note: the patch can be applicable to other versions. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Steps to reproduce:
- Login into the Admin and create a configurable product.
- Go to Cart Rules, and create a coupon code with some discount.
- Create a customer account in the frontend.
- Add the product to the cart, follow the checkout process, and enter the coupon.
- After entering the coupon, don't submit the order, but abort the order and logout.
- Go back to the Admin and disable the whole configurable product.
The product is not displayed in the cart on the Storefront, or displayed with the appropriate error message that the product has been disabled, as expected.
- When attempting to log back into the frontend, you will be stuck in an infinite loop (which eventually will show an exception after a long amount of time).
- The ability to manage the customers' shopping carts in the Admin stops working.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check patch for Magento issue with Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.