The MDVA-33281 patch fixes three inventory inconsistency issues. Click on the linked issues under the Issue section to see steps to reproduce these errors. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.14 is installed.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.5-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.4 - 2.3.5-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The patch fixes inventory inconsistency issues such as:
- PHP Fatal error when running
bin/magento inventory:reservation:list-inconsistenciesin the CLI because of the wrong SKU parameter type.
- Duplicate data in inconsistencies list.
- New reservation will be created before order placed (previous realization based on reservation after order placed). In case of errors within order placement, additional reservation will be added to compensate.
There is also a patch MDVA-30112 that solves the issue where there is an unexpectedly large number of reservation inconsistencies in our developer documentation, in the
inventory_reservation table. For the solution, refer to MDVA-30112 Magento patch: large number reservation inconsistencies in our support knowledge base.
PHP Fatal Error
PHP Fatal error when running
To get a list of reservation inconsistencies, log in to the production server and run the following command in the CLI (-r switch - raw output):
bin/magento inventory:reservation:list-inconsistencies -r
The list of reservation inconsistencies is created. These would be returned in the following format
PHP Fatal Error is outputted.
Duplicate data is in the
To troubleshoot reservation inconsistencies, run the following command:
SELECT *, COUNT(*) FROM inventory_reservation GROUP BY metadata, sku, quantity HAVING COUNT(*) > 1
There are duplicates.
New reservation created before order placed:
- Import the database.
bin/magento setup:upgradein the terminal.
- List inconsistencies by running
bin/magento inventory:reservation:list-inconsistencies -i -rin the terminal.
No loop and much quicker results.
The same results are displayed in an infinite loop, or the command fails with
memory_limit, depending on system settings.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.