The MDVA-31519 Magento patch solves the issue where paid orders are missing and lock wait timeouts in guest checkout.
This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.14 is installed. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.5-p2
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce Cloud and Magento Commerce 2.3.5 - 2.3.5-p2
Note: the patch can be applicable to other versions. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Steps to reproduce:
- Enable guest checkout.
- Create a cart price rule without a coupon (Example: "Free shipping above x amount").
- Place a large amount of concurrent guest orders involving API payment Payment Service Providers (PSPs).
All paid payment transactions are saved to the database and visible in Admin, as expected.
Only a small fraction of orders is saved in the database, while the majority of orders' information is lost because of lock wait timeouts.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check patch for Magento issue with Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.