The MDVA-31519 patch solves the issue where paid orders are missing and lock wait timeouts in guest checkout.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.14 is installed. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.5-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure and Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.3.5 - 2.3.5-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
- Enable guest checkout.
- Create a cart price rule without a coupon (Example: "Free shipping above x amount").
- Place a large amount of concurrent guest orders involving API payment Payment Service Providers (PSPs).
All paid payment transactions are saved to the database and visible in the Admin, as expected.
Only a small fraction of orders is saved in the database, while the majority of orders' information is lost because of lock wait timeouts.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.