The MDVA-28511 patch solves the issue when payments through Payflow Pro don't complete for customer names with accented letters.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.14 is installed. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.3.6.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.5-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure and Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.3.5 - 2.3.5-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Enable Payflow Pro credit card payment method.
Steps to reproduce:
- Add a product to the cart and continue to the checkout page.
- Set a customer name with accented letters. (Example: Ãtienne Ãillin)
- Continue to the payment steps.
- Select Payflow Pro as Credit Card and fill in the credit card details.
- Click the Place Order button.
The order completes without any issue, as expected.
The order does not complete and logs will show a similar error as this example:
[2020-06-12 07:50:23] report.CRITICAL: String to be escaped was not valid UTF-8 or could not be converted: �?tienne �?illini  
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.