The MDVA-31969 Magento patch fixes the issue where images are duplicated when importing two products .csv files. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.14 is installed.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.4-p2.
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce Cloud and Magento Commerce 2.3.3-2.3.4-p2, 2.4.0-2.4.1.
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new MQP tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
New product images are created in the
pub/media folder, even if the same image already exists, when importing products.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a directory for images:
- Add images inside the path
- Import the product .csv file twice.
Products end up with each product image attached once.
Products end up with product images duplicated.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check patch for Magento issue with Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.