The MDVA-32759 patch solves the issue where shared catalogs delete existing tier pricing.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.15 is installed. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.4-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure and Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.3.0 - 2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Install Adobe Commerce with B2B, with B2B Features enabled.
- Go to Stores > Configuration > B2B Features > Enable Company and Shared Catalog.
- Create a simple product, click on Advanced Pricing, and add Catalog and Tier price, and then save it.
- Go to Catalog > Shared Catalog > Set Pricing and Structure, click on Configure, and from that drop-down menu, deselect all options and save.
- Open the above created product, and check advanced pricing.
The tier prices should not be removed from the products after removing all products from the public shared catalog, as expected.
The tier prices get removed after removing all products from the public shared catalog.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.