The MDVA-33482 Magento patch solves the issue where tax is miscalculated in credit memos.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.15 is installed. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.4.0
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce Cloud and Magento Commerce 2.3.5 - 2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
./vendor/bin/magento-patches status .
Steps to reproduce :
- Configure Taxes .
- Create an order using 2 products in the backend using any online payment method (Example: Paypal Payment Pro). Make sure that taxes are applied to all the products.
- Create 2 invoices for the order.
- Create a credit memo against one of the invoices.
- Check the credit memo totals.
Expected results :
Only a partially-invoiced tax amount is in the credit memo, as expected.
Actual results :
The full tax amount is displayed in the credit memo.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check patch for Magento issue with Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.