The MDVA-24201 patch solves the issue where active catalog price rules in the database do not apply on the frontend.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.14 is installed. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.3.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.3
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure and Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.3.0 - 2.3.4-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Install a fresh Magento instance with sample data.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in to Admin panel > Marketing > Catalog Price Rule > Add New Rule, make the following settings:
- Set the Rule Name.
- Set Active = No.
- Set Conditions: Category = 4. (Example: Bags)
- Set Actions:
- Set Apply as percentage of original.
- Set Discount Amount = 10.
- Save, and then Continue Edit.
- Click on Schedule New Update:
- Set the Rule Name.
- Set Active = Yes.
- Go to the backend, and run:
php bin/magento cron:run
The prices of the products in category 4 "Bags" should be reduced by 10% of original price, as it was set by the catalog price rule, as expected.
No price changes occur even though the catalog price rule is active.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.