The MDVA-33559 Magento patch solves the issue where PayPal PayflowPro payments are declined.
This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.15 is installed. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.5-p2
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce Cloud and Magento Commerce 2.3.0 - 2.4.2
Note: the patch can be applicable to other versions. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
The issue concerns the ampersand sign (&) and equal sign (=) special characters being used in names.
Steps to reproduce:
- Add a simple product to the cart.
- Go to checkout.
- Set shipping address.
( Example shipping address:
First Name = John's
Last Name = Apples & Oranges, Inc
Street Address = 1234 E Nameless St
Country = US
State/Province = Anystate
City = Anytown
Zip = 12345
Phone = 1234567890 )
- Set payment to PayPal PayflowPro and attempt to complete checkout.
The transaction results in a successful payment or a correct error message, as expected.
The transaction is declined, and the customer receives an email saying, "Transaction has been Declined."
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check patch for Magento issue with Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.