The MDVA-33559 Magento patch solves the issue where PayPal PayflowPro payments are declined.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.15 is installed. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.5-p2
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce Cloud and Magento Commerce 2.3.0 - 2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
./vendor/bin/magento-patches status .
The issue concerns the ampersand sign (&) and equal sign (=) special characters being used in names.
Steps to reproduce :
- Add a simple product to the cart.
- Go to checkout.
- Set shipping address.( Example shipping address: First Name = ** John's ** Last Name = ** Apples & Oranges, Inc ** Street Address = 1234 E Nameless St Country = US State/Province = Anystate City = Anytown Zip = 12345 Phone = 1234567890 )
- Set payment to PayPal PayflowPro and attempt to complete checkout.
Expected results :
The transaction results in a successful payment or a correct error message, as expected.
Actual results :
The transaction is declined, and the customer receives an email saying, "Transaction has been Declined."
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check patch for Magento issue with Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.