The MDVA-33559 patch solves the issue where PayPal PayflowPro payments are declined.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.15 is installed. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.5-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure and Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.3.0 - 2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The issue concerns the ampersand sign (&) and equal sign (=) special characters being used in names.
- Add a simple product to the cart.
- Go to checkout.
- Set the shipping address. (Example shipping address: First Name = ** John's ** Last Name = ** Apples & Oranges, Inc ** Street Address = 1234 E Nameless St Country = US State/Province = Anystate City = Anytown Zip = 12345 Phone = 1234567890)
- Set payment to PayPal PayflowPro and attempt to complete checkout.
The transaction results in a successful payment or a correct error message, as expected.
The transaction is declined, and the customer receives an email saying, "Transaction has been Declined."
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links, depending on your Adobe Commerce product:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.