The MDVA-34469 patch solves the issue where users get the error message: Wrong store code specified for cart when adding a product to the cart after switching store views. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.15 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-34469. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure and Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.4.1 - 2.4.1-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The user sees a cart query error, "Wrong store code specified for cart", when trying to switch store views.
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.0.
- Single website with a single store and two store views is configured.
- A customer account is created.
- Adobe Commerce backend is configured to have two store views (with store codes: default, second).
- The user creates a shopping cart using the default store code.
- The user tries to retrieve this cart using the second store code in theStorerequest header.
The cart displays because switching the store (sending the new code in the
Store request header) associates the cart to the requested store.
The cart query returns an error, and the cart does not display.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.