The MDVA-27664 Magento patch solves the issue where a customer account's date of birth could be greater than today.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.15 is installed. Please note that the issue was fixed in Magento version 2.3.6.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.4-p2
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce Cloud and Magento Commerce 2.3.4 - 2.3.5-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
./vendor/bin/magento-patches status .
Steps to reproduce :
- Login to Admin.
- Set Locale = en_GB (UK) for a user.
- Edit a customer.
- Select a date of birth after the 12th of a month this year.
Expected results :
The date of birth is valid, so the customer information can be saved, as expected.
Actual results :
The customer information cannot be saved because a validation error occurs:
The Date of Birth should not be greater than today.
where instead of the DD/MM/YYYY date format, the date is treated as the MM/DD/YYYY date format.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check patch for Magento issue with Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.