The MDVA-27664 patch solves the issue where a customer account's date of birth could be greater than today.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.15 is installed. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.3.6.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.4-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure and Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.3.4 - 2.3.5-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, run
./vendor/bin/magento-patches status .
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in to the Admin.
- Set Locale = en_GB (UK) for a user.
- Edit a customer.
- Select a date of birth after the 12th of a month this year.
The date of birth is valid, so the customer information can be saved, as expected.
The customer information cannot be saved because a validation error occurs:
The Date of Birth should not be greater than today.
where instead of the DD/MM/YYYY date format, the date is treated as the MM/DD/YYYY date format.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.