The MDVA-27664 Magento patch solves the issue where a customer account's date of birth could be greater than today.
This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.15 is installed. Please note that the issue was fixed in Magento version 2.3.6.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.4-p2
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce Cloud and Magento Commerce 2.3.4 - 2.3.5-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new MQP tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Steps to reproduce:
- Login to Admin.
- Set Locale = en_GB (UK) for a user.
- Edit a customer.
- Select a date of birth after the 12th of a month this year.
The date of birth is valid, so the customer information can be saved, as expected.
The customer information cannot be saved because a validation error occurs:
The Date of Birth should not be greater than today.
where instead of the DD/MM/YYYY date format, the date is treated as the MM/DD/YYYY date format.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check patch for Magento issue with Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.