The MDVA-34012 Magento patch solves the issue where the checkbox for an attribute gets changed after a schedule update in error.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.17 is installed. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.5-p2
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce Cloud and Magento Commerce 2.3.1 - 2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
./vendor/bin/magento-patches status .
Steps to reproduce :
- Login to Admin and navigate to Catalog > Products .
- Edit any simple product.
- Change the store view to a specific store view.
- Save the product with the Use default value checkbox selected for an attribute (Example: Enable Product attribute).
- Click on Schedule New Update to schedule some changes (Example: Price or Special Price for a specific store view).
- Wait until the changes complete.
- Check the product. It should have its checkbox unselected, and should have a specific store attribute value.
Expected results :
The checkbox for the attribute should remain the same and doesn't get changed after the schedule update, as expected.
Actual results :
The checkbox for the attribute gets changed after schedule update.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check patch for Magento issue with Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.