MDVA-34012 patch: attribute checkbox changes in error
The MDVA-34012 patch solves the issue where the checkbox for an attribute gets changed after a schedule update in error.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.17 is installed. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.5-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure and Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.3.1 - 2.4.2
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Steps to reproduce:
- Login to Admin and navigate to Catalog > Products.
- Edit any simple product.
- Change the store view to a specific store view.
- Save the product with the Use default value checkbox selected for an attribute (Example: Enable Product attribute).
- Click on Schedule New Update to schedule some changes (Example: Price or Special Price for a specific store view).
- Wait until the changes complete.
- Check the product. It should have its checkbox unselected, and should have a specific store attribute value.
The checkbox for the attribute should remain the same and doesn't get changed after the schedule update, as expected.
The checkbox for the attribute gets changed after schedule update.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links, depending on your Adobe Commerce product:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.